Harliegh's paintings of Mommy (with green eyes), Daddy (with glasses) and Harliegh! (she painted everything herself but the circle for the heads and glasses, which I helped her with)
I figured I was overdue for a new blog update, so I'm gonna take a few minutes to do just that.Well it is officially Spring...and it's snowing. Hooray (note sarcasm) Last week it got a little warmer and the snow actually started melting, and then last night we had ice storms and now snow. Ah...life in Minnesota, right? I kept telling myself that as soon as all the snow was gone I would have the baby, but at this rate the baby will never be born!
Speaking of baby...I am now a little over 38 weeks along which means baby could technically come at any moment, though I am suspecting it will be closer to my due date (April 4th). I have been busy getting ready. I am almost done with school, only a couple assignments to finish up and one class left for this term. My house is looking GREAT thanks to the nesting that is getting increasingly more intense. We have most everything we need for baby boy. (except diapers...we could always use more diapers...and wipes!) And I would say we are pretty much ready to meet this little guy! We are all getting excited to hold him, see what he looks like (blue eyes like daddy? green eyes like mommy?) and to see how Harliegh adjusts to being a big sister. She might not fully understand but I think she understands that there will be a baby very soon. She talks a lot about the baby ("Mommy, is this for my baby brother! Awww, it's so cute!") and she has been playing "mommy" with her baby dolls more often.
In other Harliegh news, she has been doing amazing with potty training! I am expecting some regression after the baby is born, but so far she has been pretty good with very little accidents. She is getting so smart and saying things everyday that really shock us! She is becoming quite the little artist and paints with her watercolors almost everyday. We are looking forward to going to story time this spring and maybe planting some flowers for our patio...if it ever warms up that is!
As some of you might have heard, the company Tyler worked for shut down suddenly leaving us with no income or insurance only a month before baby is due. But no worries, Tyler got right out there and applied for a ton of jobs and started his new job today! It's a place called Loram that makes maintenance equipment for trains and railways, among other things. It sounds like a great place to work with excellent opportunities to move up and they will even pay tuition if Tyler decides to go back to school...so maybe in the end, this will be a better fit for us in the future! :)
So that's about it for news in our little family! Next time I post hopefully the grass will be visible and turning green and I will have new pictures of our baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment